SITS France group
Innovation in cable installation
Installation of cables and fibre optics along railway tracks
We are particularly specialised in the installation of cables and HDPE tubes for fibre optics along railway tracks. With its expertise in laying copper cables and fibre optics, SITS plays a major role in railway signalling and in the deployment of broadband networks for telecom operators.
A clear path for telecommunication operators
For a telecommunications operation who seeks to reinforce his fibre-optic network, a railway line offers a direct right-of-way between city centres with a sole proprietor, limited access, few hard surfaces and few conflicts with other networks.
Connection of fibre optics
The company BPS.com, a subsidiary of the SITS France since September 2017, complements the group’s service offerings for the installation of networks for energy and communication by carrying out work to connect, text and measure fibre optics.
The CableRail® systems® of the SITS France group
SITS’s CableRail® systems install and protect cables along railway tracks.
Fast, safe, secure, precise, versatile and economical, CableRail® from SITS supports railway signalling and telecommunication companies by installing, along railway lines :
- copper cables,
- high-density polyethylene (HDPE) tubing for optical fibre
- or both simultaneously.
Indeed, a railway track offers CableRail® an ideal platform for automated laying of cables and PEHD tubes. To perform such tasks, CableRail® offers two variants :
- CableRail Surface® installs cable troughs, cables and trough covers in surface trenches.
- CableRail Sub® buries cables up to 80 cm deep.
Installation of cable troughs, cables, HDPE tubes and trough covers – visible on the surface – in two phases.
Installation of cable troughs, cables, HDPE tubes and trough covers -visible on the surface – in two phases.
Burial of cables up to 80 cm deep at 420 mètres/heure.
CableRail Sub® Burial of cables up to 80 cm deep at 420 mètres/heure.
Railway signalling work
Railway signalling works belong to the core business of SITS. We install and connect all equipment related to railway signalling and in particular electrical signalling equipment :
- Equipment for signal boxes and control centres
- Trackside equipment: shelters, signals, control and heating of points, level crossings, detectors, balises and track circuits.
Civil engineering work in the railway environment for networks supporting telecommunication and railway signalling
SITS’s staff are experts in civil engineering work in the railway environment, particularly in these areas :
- Trenches dug by hand or machine
- Cable ducts
- Installation of HDPE tubes
- Creation of concrete or composite trough arteries for cables at ground level or on stilts
- Creation of foundations for lineside shelters
- Creation of foundations for colour-light signals, gantries and bridges for railway signalling.
- Installation, erection and assembly of colour-light signals, gantries and bridges for railway signalling.
- Cable crossings beneath railway tracks
- Cable crossings beneath streets
- Renewal of asphalt-based protection of underground networks
SITS masters special work methods for the railway environment, particularly around tracks :
- Borings: SITS carries out piloted borings (on curves) up to 11 cm in diameter and horizontal borings (without curves) up to 1 metre in diameter.
- Work between tracks: SITS carries out construction work between tracks by means of sheet piles that do not destabilise the track roadbed.
- SITS temporarily relocates networks by raising them using structures called tancarvilles.
Networks and electrical equipment for energy and communication
THEMELIN, a 100% subsidiary of the SITS France group since 1996, carries out installation and cabling work:
- With low-voltage copper or fibre-optic cables for telephony and IT networks;
- With higher-voltage cabling to provide power for equipment.
THEMELIN operates mainly in railway stations in the Paris region, installing electrical equipment for passenger information, safety and security.
THEMELIN also connects short-distance fibre-optic telecommunication networks.
News and customer reports
Among the companies with which I was in contact over these years, the group SITS France stands out in terms of its competence and technical capabilities. SITS have more than 40 years’ experience in laying cables, and particularly telecom cables, on railway property.