CableRail® installs and protects cables along railway tracks. Fast.
At InnoTrans 2016, SITS presented its CableRail® technology, which installs and protects copper cables or fibre-optic tubes for railway signalling or for telecommunications.
We offer two systems:
- CableRail Surface® installs concrete or composite surface troughs, lays copper cables or high-density polyethylene (HDPE) tubes for fibre optics, and affixes covers. All at 300 metres/hour.
- CableRail Sub® is a cable plough that buries cables or HDPE tubes 80 cm deep at 420 metres/hour.
Either system can simultaneously install up to six cables or HDPE fibre-optic tubes with a diameter of up to 8 cm each.
To install and protect cables faster and to cut costs, CableRail®:
- Carries troughs and cables on its work train, eliminating costly and risky ground distribution.
- Switches fast between travel and work modes.
- Continually adjusts for track cant and trackside topography and obstacles.
- Can install troughs and cables between the track and catenary masts.
- Reduces damage, theft and vandalism.
Since 1984, CableRail® has been evolving in the demanding railway environment. It has installed cables and HDPE fibre-optic tubes along thousands of kilometres of legacy and high-speed lines.
SITS can adapt CableRail® to any project in the world. Including yours.
We thank all those who visited us at InnoTrans 2016. We enjoyed discussing your projects and how CableRail® can support them.